Last Chance Nordic Ski Club parents provide free Nordic ski lessons for children, ages three to twelve years old. This is a chance for your kids to learn and improve their nordic (cross country) skiing skills. Classes are held on Saturdays in January and February.
2017-2018 Youth Ski Equipment Rental Meeting
Youth classic ski rental Sunday, November 19, at the Lewis and Clark Library large meeting room.
2018 Class Schedule, Saturdays at 10:00 a.m.
The program runs on Saturdays, at 10 a.m.
- January dates: To be announced
- February dates: To be announced
Here’s What You Need to Know
Parents of participating children must complete the following forms:
Kids are Grouped by Ability
Children three-to-six years of age will ski for approximately thirty minutes and ages seven and older will ski for about an hour.
- Beginning skiers must be accompanied by a parent/designated adult who stays with the group and helps as needed. Classes will take place in Carl’s Play Area (see map), which is up the hill and slightly beyond the Patrol Cabin, about 0.4 kilometer from the Parking Lot (see map). Please leave the parking lot by 10:00 to be on time.
- Intermediate and advanced skiers (both classic and skate) will meet at Carl’s Play Area at 10:00 a.m. This means that they need to leave the Parking Lot (see map)by 9:45 a.m. to start their lesson in the play area by 10:00 a.m. Lessons will start in the play area and then move out onto the nearby Access Ski Trail. Advanced skiers may participate with classic or with optional skate skiing equipment.
- Warm hat
- Layers of coats
- Warm socks
- Neck gaiter
- Warm gloves
- Snow pants
- Optional: goggles and hand warmers
- Classic Skis (waxless skis, soft to flex, and in length long enough to reach between your child’s nose and forehead) or Skate Skis
- Boots that are comfortable and warm
- Poles long enough to fit snugly from the snow to up under your child’s armpit
Food to Share
If possible, bring in a thermos of hot water and a snack to share for apres ski hot chocolate. You may leave your thermos at the Patrol Cabin, about 0.4 kilometer from the Parking Lot.
Canceling Class Due to Weather
If cold or wind forces us to cancel classes, a cancelation notice will be posted on this website (http://lcnsc.org/youth-program) by Saturday at 8:00 a.m. We usually cancel classes when temperatures are less than 15 degrees F., or when there’s a strong wind.
Are just that, volunteers, who love to ski and share their love of skiing with your children. Please help your child’s teachers any way you can; and we’re always looking for volunteer teachers. If you are interested in teaching, please contact Youth Skiers program coordinator Andree Anderberg.